[plug] wine, netscape

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Fri Sep 29 12:34:51 WST 2000

On Fri, Sep 29, 2000 at 11:39:49AM +0800, Matt Kemner wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, Bret Busby wrote:
>
> > And, go back to 4.08? That was the version used on RH5.2.
> >
> > Does that run on RH6.2? It was previously run on RH 5.2, which had the
> > 2.0.35 kernel (I think), whereas RH 6.2 has the 2.2.something kernel

> I'm still running the same version of Netscape I was running when I had
> glibc2.0.

Netscape had a major security problem recently with it's JPEG renderer
so it is definitely advisable to get the latest version which is not
vulnerable to this and a number of other problems (4.75 for memory).
Incidentally, I've always found that running the version packaged for my
distribution gives unreliable results so I always download the .tar.gz
from Netscape and install this into /usr/local -- from my own experience
this has proved much more reliable.  Of course, YMMV.

Regards,

Christian.