[plug] email oddities

Matt Kemner zombie at wasp.net.au
Mon Apr 2 00:17:23 WST 2001

On Sun, 1 Apr 2001, alan howard wrote:

> i sent a email to plug (as a reply)and recieved this back. nowhere in the
> reply address can i find any reference to this. does any one have any clues
> as to what is happenning

Seems like a very badly configured mailserver to me.
Obviously it has sent the message back to the address listed in the From:
address (yours in this case) when it should have sent it back to the
address specified in the email "envelope", which is the list server, which
can then deal with it (ie remove the offending address if it bounces too
often)

 - Matt