[plug] Kernel issues Mandrake?

Dennis Plester dennisp at tiwest.com.au
Wed Apr 4 10:27:50 WST 2001

Mark wrote:

"I have just got around to trying out win4lin. Very fast compared to VM.
I am struggling with a couple of kernel issues however.

The win4lin kernel seems to seems to break two specific modules in my
system (Mandrake 7.2) emu1O1.so for sound blaster live and the
lm-sensors module.

Other modules seem to load okay which is puzzling.
I have tried recompiling lm-sensors but the modules won't insert.

I guess my question is without the source tree the win4lin kernel is
made from
how do I get these modules to work."

I have win4lin running in Mandrake 7.2 with my sound blaster live card. I
originally grabbed win4lin 2 off an APC magazine cover disk about 2 months
ago (can't remember the issue). On the very same cd, there were package
updates for Mandrake 7.2, and a collection of kernels for win4lin, including
Mandrake. Perhaps they have these kernels at the win4lin website?

I didn't do anything special, I simply set up the new kernel as is with
LILO, fired it up and installed win4lin. Soundcard still works fine, as well
as SCSI emulation for my IDE burner and other bits and pieces. I am a
newbie, who gets by without completely understanding modules so I can't
comment on how you can get around your problem.

I hope this helps.

Dennis.