[plug] Free CD linux - any good ?

Simon Scott simon.scott at flexiplan.com
Wed Apr 4 11:19:59 WST 2001

	How does that work then?

	16 bits is 64k addressable in my book....  or was there an 8 bit
extention of some sort, which would give you your 24 bit addressable
(16M)???

	From:	David Griffiths <griffith at environ.wa.gov.au> on 04-04-2001
11:04 AM
	Please respond to plug at plug.linux.org.au@SMTP at Exchange
	To:	plug at plug.linux.org.au@SMTP at Exchange
	cc:

	Subject:	Re: [plug] Free CD linux - any good ?

	>	Isnt that the primary difference between a 386 SX and a 386
DX???
	>DXs have FPUs???

	The primary difference I believe is in the width of the data bus -
the DX
	has twice the external bus width (32 bits) to memory than the SX (16
bits)
	which limited it to 16MB of addressable RAM.

	As Matt and others pointed out, not related to the FPU at all.

	cheers,

	Dave G.

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com