[plug] WANEWS Challenge (was re: Lexmark Printers)

Simon Scott simon.scott at flexiplan.com
Mon Apr 9 11:30:47 WST 2001

	I commonly burn cd's while surfing etc. I even stress tested it once
and had 10 instances of XMMS all playing different mp3s at once (and it
still sounded better than Britney) while burning a CD.... no coaster. Before
I upgraded, I commonly burnt 2 cds at a time, one from harddisk onto my HP
IDE burner and 1 disk to disk (on the same scsi bus). No coasters. The only
coasters Id get were from damn annoying PSX copy protection ;-)

	Its bloody hard to get it to drop below 100% buffer fill on my
machine. Admittedly its an Athlon 1GIG with 384M ram and a half decent
Adaptec SCSI card, but I wouldnt say that the configuration is beyond what a
lot of windows users would have.

	I managed to crash linux the other night, by accidentally running 2
instances of Unreal Tournament. Ive done this before and they both ran, and
I just killed one off.
	But the other night I had a full lockup. Didnt have my dumb term to
hand so I just hit the button of death. Didnt try too hard to save it tho.

	Then again, I am running Mandrake 8 beta 1 so everything is so
bleeding edge that I would expect more lockups/crashes than 1 in the month
or more Ive been using it.