[plug] OT: 10/100 hubs

Travis Read travisr at rave.iinet.net.au
Tue Apr 10 23:11:17 WST 2001

I have a Kingmax "switching hub". In my opinion, thats a contradiction in
term as a hub and a switch are two totally different devices. Either way,
it seems to give you 100Mbit per port. However, if you plug a 10Mbit
device it, the whole network starts to go a 10Mbits.... This is a pain

Stick with the netgears, even if they are a little more expensive.

Trav

--
Kind regards,

Travis Read

iiNet Senior Support            | Ph +61 8 9214 2222 Fx +61 8 9214 2211
travisr at corporate.iinet.net.au  | 250 St Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000

" there is a war going on, it's not about who has the most bullets,
         it's about who controls the information " - SNEAKERS