[plug] Ideas, anyone

John Breen wombat at wa.apana.org.au
Thu Apr 12 08:19:24 WST 2001

Yeah, I'm certain.  Part of wvdialconfig is to do a serial port scan and
look for the modem.  It hits ttyS0, says "nothing there", hits ttyS1, says
"something there...", sends a modem info request (can't remember the exact
commands...), doesn't get a response, says "that ain't a modem!"

Funny thing is, this exact same modem has been working on another mobo with
no problems.