[plug] Agenda VR3

Simon Scott simon.scott at flexiplan.com
Thu Apr 12 15:46:04 WST 2001

	>Mind you, it's still cheaper than a Palm Vx (still around the
$750-$800
	>mark last I heard).

	Yes, cheaper than the Palm, but not in the way that you mean :)

	Recycled drinking straws come to mind :)

	hahaha, actually people, Ive read the review on Slashdot and its NOT
that bad. Its a developers unit. A lot of the software doesnt work, true,
but hardware-wise its quite an exciting unit and I look forward to hacking
some stuff up in FLTK or XLIB. A lot of the problems have already been
solved or are close to being solved. Supposedly alot of the guys at Agenda
working on the stock apps had no clue whatsoever, and a developer who just
left has post his own romdisk which is supposedly a lot faster.

	After playing with it for a few hours, the HWR still sucks but I
managed to input a name and phonenumber with it with only a few errors.
Still not great, but vaguely acceptable as a massively alpha release.

	I really think that the review on slashdot was written by a 14 yr
old Microsoft junkie.... some of the points he makes are absolutely
ridiculous, ranging from 'the software doesnt work!' (well, duh, wait for
the public release) to 'it slows down heaps with 6 apps open!'....AFAIK,
this is one of the first palm-tops with multitasking, so which is better,
slowing to a grind after 6 apps or 1 app at a time?

	The hardware specs are impressive: 66Mhz, 16M flash, 8M RAM, 8M ROM
etc..... for the price its a nice, powerful (enough) unit.

	Anyway, once I update the software on this thing and do a bit more
research I may bring it to a meeting so you guys can play

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com