[plug] Useful command - pstree

Peter Wright pete at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Thu Apr 19 16:20:16 WST 2001

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 03:57:41PM +0800, Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Peter Wright wrote:
> > Of course, pstree turned out to be exactly what I wanted. Anyway, I read
[ snip ]
> try ps auxf
> I think you'll like what you see.

*tries it*

Ah yes, I think I tried this a long time ago, it looks familiar. It's
pretty good actually, I agree.

> It's not quite as pretty as pstree, but (by our own admission) ps aux is
> wired into your brain.

*grin*

Certainly pstree is visually nicer, but ps is always going to be able to
provide more information. Anyway, good to learn new tricks. Thanks for the
tip/reminder.

> Yours Tony.

Pete.
--
http://cygnus.uwa.edu.au/~pete/

108. While reading a magazine, you look for the Zoom icon for a better
     look at a photograph.