[plug] Mandrake and Xprt and Openoffice

Mark S Saxon mark at omninet.net.au
Sat Apr 21 15:50:05 WST 2001

I have a question for any mandrake users out there.  I don't seem to be
able to find a Xprt
binary for Mandrake 7.2 .
Nor any place where the xprint print server is implemented as part of
XFree86.

Is there a reason for this or am I just not looking in the right place.

I have been trying out the 625 Build of Openoffice 6.  In the end I
managed to wget it
from openoffice.org. Never did find a local ftp mirror.

It does offer a number of advantages over the earlier  build.  It has a
better set of MS filters than StarOffice or the 619 build of Openoffice6
it certainly does a better job on the latest MS Office 2000 files and
does a reasonable job of tables in MSword2000 files and fairly elaborate
Excel 2000 spread sheets.

It still wont print without xprt so those wanting to print from
Openoffice at least on Mandrake can save them selves the down load.

Mark