[plug] MS Curriculum at schools and TAFEs ...

Peter Wright pete at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Mon Apr 23 14:50:38 WST 2001

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 02:36:23PM +0800, The Thought Assassin wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Beau Kuiper wrote:
> > > ...and when CDs are obsolete and all music is sold in formats
> > > decryptable only under Windows, what will you do then?
> > I will then be sufficiently pissed off that I will refuse to buy any
> > more music. I shall tape it off the radio and burn it to cds :-)
>
> I trust, then, that you already shun DVDs in this fashion?

DVDs are "decryptable" under non-(Windows|Mac) platforms. Certain large
corporate interests would like you to believe that the (freely available)
source code allowing you to do this is or should be illegal (actually, I'm
not sure what the licensing status of DeCSS is), but I don't think any sane
person (with > half a brain) finds them remotely convincing.

> -Greg Mildenhall

Pete.
--
http://cygnus.uwa.edu.au/~pete/

128. You can access the Net -- via your portable and cellular phone.