[plug] MS Curriculum at schools and TAFEs ...

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Mon Apr 23 16:10:47 WST 2001

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 02:46:05PM +0800, The Thought Assassin wrote:
> > In particular, one group who were working on protecting Java applets so
> > they couldn't be reverse engineered and/or stolen. I wasn't entirely
> > convinced but the paper was generally well-received.
>
> Do you recall the basic idea or have a reference?

"Towards an Practical Secure Framework for Mobile Code Commerce",
Hachez, G.; Hallander Den, L.; Medrdad, J., In proceedings: Third
International Workshop on Information Security (ISW), pp. 164--178,
Springer, December 2000.

I have a copy in my office if you want to borrow and photocopy it.
Basic idea related to the use of one-way functions and somehow forcing
the "pirate" to solve a computationally "hard problem" in order to
reverse engineer the code.  Of course, my memory could easily be wrong
here...

--
DSA 0x0EC1D28C: BBCB 0D79 4EBB 078A A066  7267 8BED E9D6 0EC1 D28C