[plug] MS Curriculum at schools and TAFEs ...

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Mon Apr 23 16:55:25 WST 2001

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 04:52:46PM +0800, The Thought Assassin wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Christian wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 04:42:00PM +0800, The Thought Assassin wrote:
> > > OK, for the pedants amongst us:
> > > Will you be able to do copy future formats to CD _legally_?
> > Are you allowed to do this today?
>
> I am pretty sure you can for personal use, though IANAL.

I didn't think you could legally copy any copyrighted work (in its
entirety) without permission from the copyright holder.  If I have a CD
that I like to listen to in the car and at home, I don't think I can
legally make a copy of that CD so I don't have to keep shuttling the
disc back and forth between the two.  I could be wrong though.

--
DSA 0x0EC1D28C: BBCB 0D79 4EBB 078A A066  7267 8BED E9D6 0EC1 D28C