[plug] re install applications on Red Hat 7

Carl Gherardi gherardi at cs.curtin.edu.au
Sat Apr 28 15:31:39 WST 2001

On Sat, 28 Apr 2001, NVT Australia wrote:

> Hi Guys
>
> I am a newbie... We gotta start somewhere! I am trying to work out how to
> install the apache application on to red hat 7 using the KDE interface...
>
> How to you get the application or any other applications off the CD into the
> OPSYS?

easiest way: rpm -ivh application : from a terminal.

Dont know how to do it from any of the GUI tools

> Its off the CD that has everything on it. A recent one form the local
> newsagent. I am also trying to install MYSQL. The opsys is the server model?

opsys = OS.

MySQL will be the same, you may want to check to see if it already
installed. Depending on what kind of install you've done, you may find you
already have everything installed.

Have a good read of that pocketbook, just about all the information you
need to get started is inside, and they make handy quick reference guides.

Carl