[plug] Serial port fun

Kai vk6ksj at siwa.com.au
Sun Apr 29 22:51:12 WST 2001

> > what about cat /proc/interrupts ?
>
> ah, that may be worth a look - when I set the machine up tomorrow :)

OK, let us know how it goes please.

> > Did you check in setserial (man setserial I think) for the commonly used
> > IRQ's for existing processes?
>
> Ya, it just said don't use numbers other than 2(9), 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11,
12
> and 15.

Yeah, so any of those numbers for one of the ports should be fine.
Does the manual for that card explain how to get Linux to recognise and use
(not just "see") the controller?
I think I used something like
setserial uart 16550A irq ## port ##
that's of course minus some of the other options that go in that line,
'cause I haven't needed to configure any other PCI cards since then.
Any other command something similar when I was setting up the PCI card, and
it should be much different for the ISA?