[plug] WASP new dialup phone number problem

Simon Scott simon.scott at flexiplan.com
Wed Aug 1 09:05:00 WST 2001

	There was *one* faultless ISP, but then they were bought out by
iinet ;)

	From:	Bill Kenworthy <billk at iinet.net.au> on 31/07/2001 08:14 PM
	Please respond to plug at plug.linux.org.au@SMTP at Exchange
	To:	plug at plug.linux.org.au@SMTP at Exchange
	cc:

	Subject:	Re: [plug] WASP new dialup phone number problem

	I doubt iinet "knowingly" spread virii - you have evidence of an
iinet support
	person or staff members account sending a virus?  I take it you have
notified them?

	If you meant that iinet should be looking inside customer message
	traffic for
	offenders, thats a VERY dangerous precedent that I would want to
know
	about ...

	And I have yet to see ANY ISP held up as faultless, but it does seem
that iinet,
	despite the last 6 months is STILL better on a cost for service
basis than many others.

	Please be fair and try and look at the conditions as they are at the
	moment.

	BillK

	> However, WASP has not yet knowingly spread viruses, and has not
knowingly
	> allowed customer's email accounts to be breached, by unauthorised
people using
	> them to send abuse messages, as iinet has done, in the last week.
And, messages
	> to abuse at iinet.net.au, get ignored. Viral messages are still
knowingly being
	> sent by iinet, four having been received this morning.
	>
	> It appears that we are stuck with crappy ISP's, here in the remote
west.

	> Are there any Linux-friendly ISP's in Perth?
	>
	> Bret Busby

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com