[plug] ARGH!!!!

Simon Scott simon.scott at flexiplan.com
Wed Aug 1 16:04:00 WST 2001

	Reminds me of a story

	I used to work at a place with a large OpenVMS installation. I was
the Pro-ISAM DBA/Oracle DBA/VMS administrator/everything guy. I worked with
another guy who was something similar, except instead of Pro-ISAM he got to
play with Forte... anyway

	He had the annoying habit of reviewing *every* command he typed in,
for *ages*. When he was finally happy it was correct, he'd hit enter.

	One day, I was looking over his shoulder, and he typed in the most
bonehead command, which would effectively delete all of our QA data.
Noticing this, I said 'dont hit enter!'. He paused a few more seconds,
studying carefully, and obviously missed the problem. Instead of querying me
as to why I thought there was a problem, he decided he knew better and he
hit enter.......

	I walked away laughing