[plug] depmod problem?

Brian Tombleson brian at paradigmit.com.au
Wed Aug 1 23:48:19 WST 2001

Hi,

I'm trying pour debian for my new ADSL connection (love the speed! :) ..

I have a Netgear FA310TX for my internal network and everything goes great
with the generic tulip module.

I am using a RTL8029AS for my ADSL (external) connection and I know that
this uses the ne2k-pci module which is in turn dependant on the 8390.o
module.

/lib/modules/2.2.18pre21/modules.dep agrees with me on this with the line :

/lib/modules/2.2.18pre21/net/ne2k-pci.o:
/lib/modules/2.2.18pre21/net/8390.o

HOWEVER: an insmod ne2k-pci will generate errors without first manually
I've had to hack the /etc/ini.d/networking script to manually insert the
modules.

What am I missing that depmod seems to be either not geting consulted or not

Any help appreciated.

- Brian.