[plug] Linux Security Paper

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Sat Aug 4 09:57:04 WST 2001

On Sat, Aug 04, 2001 at 08:31:55AM +0800, Richard wrote:
> I am doing a research project as part of my Dip IT and seeing as i have been converted from MS to Linux, my lecturer has deceided in his wisdom that i should do a research paper on Linux Security as a final assessment piece. I have deceided to narrow it down to internet security and issues, and any guidance (ie: reference material etc..) on this would be greatly appreciated and acknowledgments would be included.

You've decided to "narrow it down to internet security"?  That's a joke,
right? *grin*

Seriously though, you probably should try and narrow it down a bit
further. :-)  I'd give you some references but the area seems a bit too
broad right now.  I've previously given some very generic Linux security
references on this list so a search of the archives should find them.
(One was a HOWTO so www.linuxdoc.org is the way to go.)

Once you've narrowed the area down, if you want to bounce any ideas off
me then feel free to email me privately.

Regards,

Christian.

--
DSA 0x0EC1D28C: BBCB 0D79 4EBB 078A A066  7267 8BED E9D6 0EC1 D28C