[plug] ISPs storing plain-text passwords...

Jeremy Malcolm Jeremy at Malcolm.wattle.id.au
Tue Aug 7 08:15:31 WST 2001

> This is not the point... I don't care where it is stored... I don't
> agree that it should be stored in plain-text... I don't believe that
> anyone other than myself should need to know my password... and
> therefore it should not be stored anywhere in plain-text...

If the ISP supports CHAP authentication, then it has to be stored in
plain text.  It is, literally, part of the spec (RFC 1994).

--
JEREMY MALCOLM <Jeremy at Malcolm.wattle.id.au> http://malcolm.wattle.id.au
Providing online networks of Australian lawyers (http://www.ilaw.com.au)