[plug] What's this ??

Aunty Jack delilah at iinet.net.au
Tue Aug 7 17:18:58 WST 2001

hi guys

i've had several emails that look like the following forwarded message:

1 997171869.23119.symphony-02
2 997172149.29912.symphony-02

This is the first one that's had two lines. all the others have started with
"1" . The other one i recieved today also had the "99717" bit but the rest
was different. i couldn't tell you if the others also had the 99717 bit.

when i "View" - "All Headers" (using kmail) i get the following:

body { font-family: "helvetica" } p { font-size: 14pt } a { color: #0000ff;
text-decoration: none; }Content-Type:

hmmmm . . .  that's interesting! The previous 4 lines are the result of
pasting the displayed header text into this message - only none of the
html-ish looking stuff showed up.

it also seems odd to me that the "Subject: Date: etc. lines shown in the
forwarded message don't show up when i "View" - "All Headers".

it sorta looks a bit like some kind of machine name . . .
. . . just tried pinging them both from my gateway machine for a bit of a
lark, but didn't find any thing. just for fun tried with iinet. prepended as
well, and also turned up nothing.

any takers . . . ??

Aunty.

--
 "Any clod can have the facts, but having opinions is an art."