[plug] the register

Damion Hill dhill at wantree.com.au
Tue Aug 7 23:05:57 WST 2001

On 07 Aug 2001 22:46:50 +0800, J wrote:
> does anyone know what is happening with The Register (
> www.theregister.co.uk ), sarcy IT news site and home of the BOFH

Just managed to get connected to it myself not too long ago. They have
had intermittent router problems.

Initial news of the problem can be found at

Of course, if it's down you won't be able to read it so... from the site
The reason: we've been having problems with our Cisco LocalDirector,
used for load-balancing. We suspect incipient hardware failure, but
diagnostics have been complicated by the disappearance without trace of
the person who originally installed the kit and who omitted to handover
to us the access password.

Cheers

--
Damion Hill