[plug] NFS

Matt Kemner zombie at wasp.net.au
Thu Aug 9 14:19:14 WST 2001

On Sun, 6 Aug 2000, Mark wrote:

> On the client machine I mount /home from the sever thus /home
> 192.168.0.3(rw)
>
> But I dont seem to be able to copy from the client to the server I get
> an access denied message.

Hi Mark

If you are not using the "no_root_squash" option in /etc/exports, you will
find that any access you do as root gets translated ("squashed") to the
"nobody" user - which does not have access to other users' files of
course.

Change the (rw) to (rw,no_root_squash) to "fix"[0] that.

 - Matt

[0] of course whether it's a fix or opening a potential security hole is
    debatable