[plug] NFS

Steve Vertigan vertigan at bigfoot.com
Sat Aug 11 15:31:15 WST 2001

On 06 Aug 2000 14:10:29 +0800, Mark wrote:

> On the client machine I mount /home from the sever thus /home
> 192.168.0.3(rw)
>
> But I dont seem to be able to copy from the client to the server I get
> an access denied message.
>
> Copies work the other way fine What should I be looking for.

Are you trying to write the files as the user who owns the respective
directory on the server?  Sometimes NFS is configured to not give root
permissions or to map root to a normal user.  Also are your
usernames/uids synchronised between the two machines?  Can't recall if
that actually makes a difference but it might be something to look at.

Regards,
Steve