[plug] POP3 servers

Steve Vertigan vertigan at bigfoot.com
Sat Aug 11 19:30:17 WST 2001

Christian wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 11, 2001 at 04:55:02PM +0800, Carol Butler wrote:
> > is there any way known that I can make myself a POP3 server?
> > I need to be able to host POP3 accounts for my friends.. I know I can
> > earn money for this... please.. if anyone can help me out.. it'd be most
> > appreciated.
>
> Install a POP3 server like cucipop.  This should work with most MTAs
> although I'm not sure about qmail.

Qmail will work with standard pop3 servers if it's set up to deliver to
mbox format mail files and to store them where the server expects to
find them.  If it's using Maildir format you need to install the pop3
server that comes with qmail, but generally going the qmail route in the
first place would mean to expect doing some things by hand.
But Clinton what makes you think there's money in pop3 hosting when
there are so many places offering it for free and with most ISPs
offering multiple POP accounts anyway?

Regards,
Steve
--
OpenBSD maelstrom.dyn.dhs.org GENERIC#399 i386
 3:25AM  up 10 days, 10:42, 0 users, load averages: 0.63, 0.68, 0.55