[plug] (Fwd) Re: Local exploit for TrollFTPD-1.26

J j at vrl.com.au
Mon Aug 13 23:01:56 WST 2001

Found this on bugtraq.  Seems like a good idea.

Now, I have a problem, I have a linux gateway/firewall with a few w2k
boxen behind.

IIS does not *seem* to support virtual domains for ftp.  Not to mention
that it is a buffer overflow waiting to happen.

So, I could put a 'secure'(ish) ftp with virtual domains on my gateway
(or another linux box), and smbmount the directories on the webserver's
behind it.  Or is this madness?

Anyone want to comment on the security implication of this?