[plug] learning, was:Sound Card Setup

alan howard alanh at wn.com.au
Tue Aug 14 21:24:44 WST 2001

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001 17:19, Clinton Butler wrote:
> Okay... I know you people do not particularly like me as I am trying to
> leap too far too soon.
> I am slowing right down now.. I am putting the POP3 thing on hold for a
> while and I am now configuring my workstation.

if your a newbie, why use debian? mandrake would probably have been a better
choice. :-)

 <snip>
> and all those bastards will teach
> us is Microsoft.. whenever you try to step away they stop helping until
> you go back into their ways... IT SUCKS.
<snip>

unfortunatly this trend will probably continue through your education,
especially if you go to TAFE.

linux and unix basically need you to read a lot. not many out there will show
you how in the step by step mode that windows users are used to. basically
you have to teach yourself by reading and trying. there are quite a few books
available from book shops like boffins and relilms in hay street that will
help.

rgds
alan howard