[plug] RE: Sound Card

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Wed Aug 15 23:31:55 WST 2001

On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 08:51:04PM +0800, Clinton Butler wrote:
> > a) Add yourself to the "audio" group. As root, exit /etc/group, or as root:
> >         adduser clinton audio
> I have done permissions now.
>
> > b) apt-get install sndconfig
> sndconfig is not existent in Debian

parrot:/usr/src/boot-floppies# apt-cache search sndconfig
sndconfig - Easy soundcard configuration

parrot:/usr/src/boot-floppies# apt-get install sndconfig
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  isapnptools
  isapnptools sndconfig
0 packages upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1  not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/196kB of archives. After unpacking 524kB will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n

# locate sndconfig
debian/pool/main/s/sndconfig/sndconfig_0.57-6_i386.deb

So, try a mirror, look in the pool (this is under unstable that I am
looking, woody may not have it yet if any bugs have been filed against
it: http://bugs.debian.org/sndconfig

It is an unashamed rip off from Red Hat's sndconfig, IIRC.

--
 James Bromberger <james_AT_rcpt.to> www.james.rcpt.to

 Remainder moved to http://www.james.rcpt.to/james/sig.html