[plug] slowdown probs

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Tue Aug 21 13:50:27 WST 2001

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 11:55:45AM +0800, John Knight wrote:
> My mates are using S3 Trios, which are PCI.

If they're running XFree 4.x, then they'll be stuck with the VESA
server and no acceleration at all.  The older S3s (like the Trios)
are not supported anymore.  I'd suggest going and getting a cheap
S3Virge and throwing that in there, or just downgrading to
XFree 3.3.6 (KDE will still run fine -- just no font antialiasing).

--
 Leon Blackwell                | Be a part of the Open Source
 http://www.lostrealm.com/     | Community, not the Open Source