[plug] Installfest?

Grahame Bowland grahame at ucs.uwa.edu.au
Wed Aug 22 14:11:04 WST 2001

On 21 Aug 2001 20:37:10 +0800, Harry McNally wrote:
> At 12:25 PM 08/21/2001, Mr G wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >Just wondering who I should talk to about helping to set up the
> >installfest this Saturday (if I've got thing's right, it's at UWA). I'm
> >going to be trying to get you some connectivity through to WAIX and the
> >UWA FTP mirror.
> >
> >Cheers,
> >Grahame
>
> Hi Grahame
>
> I was wondering if the Debian mirror might be refreshed so's it is right up
> to date for the Installfestivities. I've been grabbing stuff from the US to
> resolve some dependencies which weren't on the local mirror. Can the local
> mirror be given a hurry along ? <doffs Ludite's hat and raises eyebrow to
> demonstrate knowledge (not) of how the mirror actually works vis. what gets
> released when and to where>

We generally sync ours up from ftp.it.net.au (which is on WAIX also and
updates from master.debian.org). We used to update from
mirror.aarnet.edu.au, but stopped after they trouble they had with disk
space.

If there are any problems on the day I'll be around to help resolve them
- otherwise, it does update every night.

Cheers,
Grahame

--
Grahame Bowland, Network and Systems Administrator
University Communications Services, The University of Western Australia