[plug] slowdown probs

Simon Scott simon.scott at flexiplan.com
Wed Aug 22 14:16:00 WST 2001

	What cracks me up is when people convert tape/record to mp3, and
encode at 192+ kbps.

	A perfect copy of a shit source ......

	From:	John Knight <anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com> on 22/08/2001
02:19 PM
	Please respond to plug at plug.linux.org.au@SMTP at Exchange
	To:	plug at plug.linux.org.au@SMTP at Exchange
	cc:

	Subject:	Re: [plug] slowdown probs

	44? Surely you're kidding!? Why not listen to a scratchy tape at
that sort
	of bitrate!? Unless of course you mean try it as an experiment but
even so,
	anything under 128 would be horrible as 128 is bad enough!

	>OK, try reducing the sample rate to 44 and see if that makes a
difference

	>Steve
	>
	>On Wednesday 22 August 2001 11:23, John Knight wrote:
	> > They're generally 128s and a few 192s (they're our's, death to
128!).
	>The
	> > important things like Jezzball and XBill run okay though!
	> >
	> > Their mp3s run fine under "windoze"(98) and on other machines.

	> > >gibbering

	> > >[snip]
	> > >
	> > >Do these mp3s play OK on other machines? You may need to check
the
	>sample
	> > >rate of the mp3s.
	> > >
	> > >Steve