[plug] Installfest?

Grahame Bowland grahame at ucs.uwa.edu.au
Wed Aug 22 14:40:38 WST 2001

On 22 Aug 2001 14:28:43 +0800, Leon Blackwell wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 02:11:04PM +0800, Grahame Bowland wrote:
> > We generally sync ours up from ftp.it.net.au (which is on WAIX also and
> > updates from master.debian.org).
>
> This is actually ftp.wa.au.debian.org -- an official mirror, although
> not really well advertised as such.  It used to be ftp.au.debian.org,
> but no longer.
>
> For those people who are looking for alternate WAIX mirrors (for
> whatever reason), ftp.linux.org.au also has a mirror (not always so
> up-to-date) and (as I'm sure Grahame knows) UWA's mirror (which is
> usually pretty good).

Unfortunately the UWA mirror doesn't carry all of Debian at the moment.
Debian is huge now, and exceeded our disk capacity on the FTP server. I
had a look at the xferlog and surprisingly enough, nobody uses arm,
mips, sh or s390 a the moment!

We do have the latest CD images for SPARC, i386 and Alpha up though.

Cheers,
Grahame

--
Grahame Bowland, Network and Systems Administrator
University Communications Services, The University of Western Australia