[plug] Firewall problem

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Sun Aug 26 00:37:26 WST 2001

On Sat, 25 Aug 2001, Clinton Butler wrote:
> This is my  '/etc/init.d/rc.firewall' which is my firewall file.
> I cannot seem to get any inbound traffic.. it apparently comes up with a
> tcp error
>
> <snip>

Clinton,

It seems that the firewall script doesn't match with the rules that
ipchains gives. You probably have some other firewalling script at work,
maybe ipmasq or something? Check in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/ directory for any
scripts that might implement a separate firewall. Either disable them by
uninstalling the package or just removing the executable flag from the
script for the meantime.

Also the output of "ipchains -L -v" is a bit more informative - just
"ipchains -L" without the -v skimps a bit on the details.

Regards,

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham