[plug] tracing dselect activity

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Mon Aug 27 16:01:58 WST 2001

On Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 03:00:34AM +0800, Lathiat wrote:
> dselect is buggy
> it often does this like it did to me at the installgest it randomly removes
> and installs packages you dont want it too

Are you sure about this?  Very likely it installed and removed packages
that you actually needed/couldn't have based upon other package requests
that you made.  I used to think it was buggy but after finding it had
selected a whole lot of packages for installation that I didn't want and
tracing through all their dependencies I realised that it was actually
trying to comply with my wishes.  It's easy to mistake not understanding
what a program is doing with bugs in the program.

--
DSA 0x0EC1D28C: BBCB 0D79 4EBB 078A A066  7267 8BED E9D6 0EC1 D28C