[plug] sound on debian

Clinton Butler misprint at bizzpro.com.au
Mon Aug 27 19:14:14 WST 2001

Lathiat wrote:

>         Since there's no sndconfig or anything <snip>

there is now.. Woody has it :o)

> Any ideas/help would be appreciated
> Winblowz says its a crystal PnP audio system heh

add these to your /etc/apt/sources.list :

deb ftp://ftp.uwa.edu.au/mirrors/linux/debian woody main contrib non-free
deb ftp://ftp.uwa.edu.au/mirrors/linux/debian-non-US woody/non-US main contrib
non-free

apt-get update
apt-get install sndconfig
then run sndconfig

then.. bingo.. done :o)

that's what I did... if you check your plug list records it has the topic Sound Card
:o)

also... it may play with your Xwindows... so you'll have to make some symbolic links
to the XF86Setup... I'll look for what I had to do.. and I'll post it to you... if you
are running woody.. there should be no problem... but if you are using potato... there
will be issues... but give it a try.
I'll get onto the rest of the instructions asap and post them to getting sound under
woody running :o)

--
     _.._    _    Clinton Butler
   ."\__/"./`_\   misprint at bizzpro.com.au