[plug] glibc2

Matt Kemner zombie at wasp.net.au
Tue Aug 28 19:30:44 WST 2001

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, Clinton Butler wrote:

> > > if you are wondering why I need this... the file libm.so.5 is not
> > > installed and I need it to install Quake 2 :oP
> >
> > "apt-get install libc5" should fix it
>
> Thanks Matt :o)

If you download the Contents-i386.gz file from

ftp://ftp.uwa.edu.au/mirrors/linux/debian/dists/potato/
(or equivalent dir on another mirror site)

you can find out these sorts of things yourself by running a command like:

# zgrep libm.so.5 ~/potato-Contents-i386.gz
lib/libm.so.5                                               oldlibs/libc5
lib/libm.so.5.0.9                                           oldlibs/libc5

which tells you the file is included in the "libc5" package, which is in
the oldlibs section - which you don't need to know if you're using apt.

 - Matt