[plug] Admission

garry bigbadbill at dingoblue.net.au
Wed Aug 29 14:52:54 WST 2001

This is an admission to missing the obvious. I was affected by a head cold
when it happened. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Why? Someone else may have been similarly affected......

I tried Smoothwall recently, it installed ok, and once I replaced a dud
keyboard (loved adding shift characters) I could log in as root locally. But
I could not get in across the LAN to set up the dialup bit. Kept getting
incorrect login errors.

After  enjoying my quota of horizontal inactivity, and looking (OK, I admit
it) in the documentation,  I see that the user name to gain access to the
dialup setup and dialup user is there in plain english.  Once entered, it
bloody worked.

For the lazy, setup name = "setup", dialup user name ="dial".

I hope this helps someone, even if they can't admit it.  8^)==

Garry.