[plug] kernel compile problems - any hints please

Daniel cottmain at yahoo.com.au
Sun Dec 2 18:24:37 WST 2001

Hi Plug,
I have tried to follow the notes on Linuxdoc by Subhsish Ghosh (~3 pages)
[and ones from tafe] on compiling the kernel.
System is RedHat 7.0 system on a Celeron 333 with 256mb ram.  I've messed
something up because I keep getting errors and it won't make bzImage
successfully.  The documentation doesn't go into explanation or fixing
errors. [Other docs are ~ 40 pages and seem a bit advanced for me at this
stage).

any help would be greatly appreciated,
Daniel.
)
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/kernel_stat.h:47: (Each
undeclared identifier is reported only once
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/kernel_stat.h:47: for
each function it appears in.)
make[2]: *** [ksyms.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [first_rule] Error 2
make: *** [_dir_kernel] Error 2