[plug] ddr really faster then sdram for linux kernel ?

Daniel cottmain at yahoo.com.au
Mon Dec 3 17:57:26 WST 2001

Hi - I wondered if this article might hold some answers:
D.
http://www.linuxhardware.org/features/01/11/30/1626230.shtml

Back in August we took our first look at all but one of the DDR chipsets
for the AMD Athlon processor and found a pretty interesting battle over the
speed crown between AMD's 761 chipset and VIA's KT266 chipset. A lot has
happened since then with the release of VIA's KT266A chipset and
motherboards finally being shipped with the new NVIDIA nForce chip. With
these new chipsets a new level of performance has been reached for Athlon
DDR-based systems. The question now is how much of a gain in performance
can you actually expect? Also, which motherboard should you choose? We look
at these questions with the latest boards in the lab, the EPoX 8KHA+ and
the SOYO SY-K7V DRAGON Plus!.