[plug] Job: Web Programmer

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Thu Dec 6 12:56:48 WST 2001

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Trevor Phillips wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Dec 2001 11:17, Bret Busby wrote:
> > On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Trevor Phillips wrote:
> > > The position for "Web Programmer" has been advertised on Seek now:
> > > http://it.seek.com.au/users/jobsearch.asp?JobListAction=ViewOneAd&AdID=16
> > >45142
> >
> > I have just read the message, and, in trying to access the URL (via PINE
> > 4.21 on RH 6.2), got "Alert! Unable to connect to remote host".
>
> What browser does Pine use for displaying web pages?
> It worked fine for me in both Links and Lynx...

I believe that mine defaults to Lynx. It can be set by the user, and I
have not changed the default setting.

Just tried again; same result. I had tried a number of times before I sent
the message above.

I have previously been able to access other URL's, including the PLUG
polls' web pages ( :-) ) and others, via PINE and, what I believe to be
Lynx.

--
Bret Busby