[plug] way back in time

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Wed Dec 12 10:06:40 WST 2001

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001 18:46, R.Barnes wrote:
> Are there many top rating games ported to Linux? UT, Quake3 etc? Anyone
> know of any good RTS games for Linux?

Both UT and Quake3 are available for Linux, and run very well.

For RTS', I highly recommend Kohan. Problem is, I haven't seen the Windoze
version locally - for such a good game, it didn't get a huge distribution.
Oh, and although Kohan is an RTS, it's actually quite different from most
others. It's a mix of a Civ/MoM type game, and an RTS. Very cool!

For buying Linux Games, I recommend checking out:
   http://www.everythinglinux.com.au
They currently have Kohan for $86.75, Quake3Arena for $35, Unreal Tournament
for $19.95, and Return to Castle Wolfenstein for $79 (which is quite amazing
- since the single-player Linux binaries for it aren't even out yet!)
I also reccomend Heretic II ($21.15). It's a bit old now, but I found it lots
of fun. (It's a 3rd person that plays like a 1st person. Very action
oriented.)

For general Linux Games news & info, check out:
   http://www.linuxgames.com

: CWIS Systems Administrator     -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :