[plug] Graphical PPP

Arkem arkem at mornmist.2y.net
Wed Dec 12 11:20:04 WST 2001

> I'm assuming KPPP won't run in isolation and as soon as apt-get
> sees a request for KPPP is will open a pandoras box full of barrels
> of monkeys juggling cans of worms .. that is, it will depend on all
> manner of KDE bits. Is this true ?

http://packages.debian.org/testing/net/kppp.html shows the depends of
kppp in testing (woody)

It only seems to depend on two kde packages kdelibs3 and kdebase-libs
(neither of which require any other specifically kde packages but do
recommend some) though you will also need the qt libraries (which
both kde packages depend on) besides that it appears that kppp
shouldn't be too much of a problem to run on a low end machine as
long as you are running a relatively light weight window
manager/desktop environment already and have the Qt stuff installed.

Unfortunatly I can't say for sure though because I've never tried
running X on anything that would be considered lightweight (nothing
below an AMD K6-2 450)

Regards,
Paul Chamberlain