[plug] Spam from The Maverick Partnership

Grahame Bowland grahame at ucs.uwa.edu.au
Thu Dec 13 11:05:03 WST 2001

On Thu, 2001-12-13 at 10:55, BaRT wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anyone know who provides internet for "The Maverick Partnership" P.O. Box
> 159, Northbridge W.A. 6865? They keep sending spam to our network.

See associated threads on the WAIX nap list; they're basically a bunch
of perth spammers who charged a lot for seminars about viral marketing
and so on :-) See:

 http://www.rts.com.au/spam/spammers.html

Reynolds haven't had much success getting them blocked. I think the
problem was that they just used open relays of a dialup, and that didn't
violate the AUP of the ISP they use.

Cheers,
Grahame

Grahame Bowland                       Email: grahame at ucs.uwa.edu.au
University Communications Services    Phone: +61 8 9380 1175
The University of Western Australia     Fax: +61 8 9380 1109
                                     CRICOS: 00126G