[plug] NZ LUG?

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Fri Dec 14 11:53:19 WST 2001

Hello, all.

Does anyone know whether LUG's exist in NZ, especially in Auckland? If so,
how can they be contacted?

A society in NZ to which I belong, requires a LAN to be set up, and OS's
installed on the LAN, of 4 used PC's, for Interenet access, and, to me, if
a LUG exists in Auckland, while the society wants Win9x, to me, Linux
would be much preferable; an easy to use distibution, eg RH6.2 (no
arguments about which distrubution, please), would be safer, more
reliable, more secure, and, if only web browsers are used (that's what
they said), matintenance, if any, would be minimal. As the Internet access
would probably be heavily used, the stability and security of Linux (apart
from the licensing and all other aspects) would make Linux the best
option.

--
Bret Busby