[plug] NZ LUG?

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Fri Dec 14 14:17:54 WST 2001

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Bret Busby wrote:

> Hello, all.
>
> Does anyone know whether LUG's exist in NZ, especially in Auckland? If so,
> how can they be contacted?

I found (using ANZWERS) a website http://www.linux.net.nz , so have
sent them an email, and, one to the society, proposing
investigating conversion of the society's systems to Linux.

I note that, while the PLUG website has links to a couple of foreign
LUG's, on the web site, the Linux Australia website has only links to
Australian LUG's, and the search engine on the Linux Australia
website, collapsed in a heap when trying to search for NZ LUG's, and, the
Linux International website appears to no longer have any links to
LUG's. All a bit disappointing, really. Not a criticism of the PLUG
website (although, a separation of Australian, from foreign, LUG's, might
be good...), but I had expected more of the other two websites, as federal
organisations.

--
Bret Busby