[plug] C programming books

skribe skribe at amber.com.au
Fri Dec 14 18:31:48 WST 2001

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001 18:05, Anthony Jones wrote:

> The official reference is "The C Programming Language - Kerningham and
> Ritchie". You should have no trouble finding a copy of it. It's probably
> best for people who aren't learning their first programming language
> though.

This will not teach you C.  It's a good reference but K&R is no way to learn
the language.  If you're looking for a good C book then check the various
online bookshops for references and then head to Boffins (Hay Street) or
Dymocks Technical bookshop (Wesley Arcade) and buy it there.  One place or
the other are likely to have it available if it's any good.

If you're a programming novice then check out the C for dummies books.
They'll hold your hand enough to get you to a level where 'real' manuals
aren't gobbligook.

skribe
--
Public key information available at:
http://www.amber.com.au/~skribe/publickey.html

"What is the Nature of God?"

    CLICK...CLICK...WHIRRR...CLICK...=BEEP!=
    1 QT. SOUR CREAM
    1 TSP. SAUERKRAUT
    1/2 CUT CHIVES.
    STIR AND SPRINKLE WITH BACON BITS.

"I've just GOT to start labeling my software..."
		-- Bloom County