[plug] New debian kernel

Andrew Furey simpware at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 18 09:57:05 WST 2001

> "As a reminder, in order to configure lilo, you need
> to add an
> 'initrd=/initrd' in your /etc/lilo.conf "  I drop
> that line in a variety of
> places in lilo.conf, then run /sbin/lilo and get the
> error "Fatal: /initrd:
> neither a reg. file nor a block dev. "

Umm... you shouldn't need an initrd for ext3, assuming
you compile it into the kernel rather than as a
module. Just reboot with your new kernel, then use
tune2fs -j /dev/blah  to create the journal (assuming
woody).

HTH
Andrew

=====
"One Architecture, One OS" also translates as "One Egg, One Basket".

http://greetings.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Greetings
- Send your festive greetings online!