[plug] Need another box

Grahame Bowland grahame at ucs.uwa.edu.au
Tue Dec 18 16:00:05 WST 2001

On Tue, 2001-12-18 at 14:58, Anthony Jones wrote:

> I have a 20MB hard disk drive and 128MB of SDRAM. I am looking for a machine
> that can run X and (not so importantly) play MP3s. I'm willing to consider
> anything 133Mhz or over with at least 48MB of RAM (or an SDRAM socket) that
> costs less than $300.
>
> Does anyone have such a machine that they want to sell or know a good place
> to get one?

Look in the paper. A K6/2 333 with 256Mb of RAM and 10Gb disk only cost
me about $300 in good nick, with monitor. I guess as long as it doesn't
look too much like it's been knocked off it's ok.

Grahame Bowland                       Email: grahame at ucs.uwa.edu.au
University Communications Services    Phone: +61 8 9380 1175
The University of Western Australia     Fax: +61 8 9380 1109
                                     CRICOS: 00126G