[plug] isp

Nathan Alberti nathan.alberti at broadlogic.com
Wed Dec 19 22:25:33 WST 2001

> I really hate it how ISPs charge you outrageous amounts for things that
don't
> cost them a cent like:

This is not entirely true...

I agree that the things you mention are usually more expensive than they
should be but they also consume resources. All the things you mention
require some sort of additional configuration which equates to engineering
time (among other things), some of them also mean the need for scaling of
equipment to provide the services to all users.

WAIX traffic is not free, although it is very cheap. The upkeep of this
equipment is also minimal (or at least it should be) so you would think that
it should not be included in monthly totals...this is assuming they are able
to differentiate between this and other traffic at the point of billing.

Nathan.