[plug] OS chimera revisited

Richard Hardy rhardy at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Fri Dec 21 07:00:43 WST 2001

skribe wrote:
Just follow the instructions. When it gets to this point type in your root
password and then at the prompt type in:
fsck /dev/<whatever drive is giving you trouble>

so at (Repair filesystem) 1 #      I typed: fsck /dev/c

and got:

Parallelizing fsck version 1.19 (13-Jul-2000)
e2fsck 1.19, 13-Jul-2000 for EXT2 FS 0.5b, 95/08/09
fsck.ext2: No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/c
filesystem. If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
e2fsck -b 8193 <device>
(Repair filesystem) 2 #

???? mmm. well, I suspect that all seems quite straight forward to a lot of
people out there. Wot?